Call SME Business HelpLine: 042-111-763-111
National Business Development Program for SMEs (NBDP) is a project of SMEDA, funded through Public Sector Development Program of Government of Pakistan.
The NBDP envisages provision of handholding support / business development services to SMEs to promote business startup, improvement of efficiencies in existing SME value chains to make them globally competitive and provide conducive business environment through evidence based policy-assistance to the Government of Pakistan. The Project is objectively designed to support SMEDA's capacity of providing an effective handholding to SMEs. The proposed program aimed at facilitating around 314,000 SME beneficiaries over a period of five years.
OBJECTIVE & ACTIVITIES
SMEDA aims to be a worldwide model organization, which is effective in determining SME and entrepreneurship policies, handholds SMEs to undertake an important role in the global market by increasing exporting capacities of SMEs, provides access to valuable information and networks and promotes internationalization and innovation levels of SMEs.
Following are the major intervention areas of the NBDP project:
- Provide quality assured information and business advice to the SMEs by engaging subject matter experts and practitioners. Use of ICT for enhancing outreach of such services is a major consideration.
- Develop and disseminate information on concepts and issues related to small business management for enhancing the understanding of SMEs. and material.
- Enhance quality and increase the number, outreach and diversity of the training programs offered to SMEs.
- Promote Business Startups and provide small grants.
- Improve SMEs access to finance and export markets through provision of Credit Worthiness Assessment Support.
- Provide support to SMEs in improving their Marketing of existing businesses and developing linkage to the local, regional and international customers.
- Assist SMEs in developing their organizational systems and capabilities in order to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of management and operations.
- Facilitate small businesses, particularly exporters by improving their access and affordability to the national and international certifications and product testing services.
- Provide SMEs with access to qualified human resource and equipment for improving product features / functionality.
- Engage higher education institutions, build their capacity to establish / operate Business Incubation centers and help them create linkage with entrepreneurial echo system of the country.
- Carryout Research / Publications to identify issues in policy and business regulations and propose solutions for improving ease of doing business.
- Develop and implement programs for identification, strengthening, networking and market linkage for the business development service providers.
Priority areas pertaining high growth for SME development will include but may not limited to manufacturing, energy, construction, trade, transportation, tourism, innovation and communication, technical and managerial activities. Special focus will be given to sectors where there are higher possibilities of value addition and innovation.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION & OUTREACH
The program will be implemented in all provinces of Pakistan. Executed form the NBDP Head Office, Lahore, the program will implement its activities through SMEDA's four provincial offices and Regional Business Centers strengthened / established in the areas with major SME concentration across Pakistan.
Click program components for further details
Standardised Training Modules Development Program
Click HERE for further detailsif you have any query, email to: email@example.com